Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My First Days

***I am not guaranteed to have internet at all of the places we stay at night.  Nor can I promise I will have energy every night to Blog.  I promise to keep it up to date thought.  So there may be multiple posts added at once.  So be sure to check to see if you have seen all of them.


***This is not the official blog for my first few days because soooooo much happened in just 5 days.  I am just going to give you the important stuff and then details will be posted soon!


I am sorry I can't write all of the stuff tonight.  Trust me- there is tons to say.  However I am tired.  I am dirty.  I am sore.  I may be constipated (I apologize if this is too much info but I told you I was going to be honest and write about everything)  But mostly I am just tired.  And I have to wake up at 5:45AM tomorrow for the third day in a row.  NOT ok.


But really quick- we have rode our bike in a total of 3 states in just 2 days!!!!!!!  We rode 65 miles from Central Park, New York City to Hillsborough, New Jersey on Monday (Day 1).  Today (Day 2) we rode 81.2 miles from Hillsborough, NJ to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  Crazy.


There is also a term I have learned from a previous rider- Steve Oden.  The term is "Peaking and Troughing."  It means he sensation of waves of feeling great and then terrible repeatedly.  That is exactly what cycling is like.  There are great parts and not so great parts- and my first few days have been full of both.  (I will write more later.)



No comments:

Post a Comment