Wednesday, March 9, 2011

ShiitAKE Mushrooms

74 more days and counting until I do what my mom says, "Will be the hardest thing you ever do."  In every sense of the word she is probably right.

And what am I doing to prepare for it?  Well for starters I went to Naples, Florida for a little over a week with my grandma and her friends to scope out possible wedding locations for my destination wedding.  I called it a "business" trip but most people would see it as a margarita sipping, sun bathing, shopping vacation.  Those people would probably be right.  It was a vacation that crossed between Breakfast at Tiffanys and the Divine Secrets of the YaYa sisterhood with margaritas, vodka gimlets, and a beach.  It was nothing short of amazing.  And it was successful in the fact that I fell in love with a couple resorts where I could definitely see myself having my wedding.

But the wedding is in June of 2012.  My bike trip is in May of 2011.  In 74 days as I mentioned before.  And I completely dropped the ball on vacation.  I didn't work out- not once (I did pack tennis shoes though so you got to give me credit for effort-or intention atleast)  I ate whatever I wanted.  And I surely didn't ride a bike anywhere.  The only sweat that I may have had was because I was overcooking in the sun by the pool.  I spent all my money-well most of my money.  I didn't blog (if you could tell) nor did I fundraise.  I did a bunch of nothing.  It was glorious-

and now I am back in southern Illinois where it can't be above forty degrees and its rainy.  Reality sucks.

And the reality is I am the biggest procrasintaor in the world.  I have this amazing ability to believe that everything will work out and I have an incredibly lucky record of that being true.  So I usually slide right by with flying colors- no matter what it is- whether it was my half marathon, applying to study abroad in Ecuador, my school projects and papers, getting an internship etc.  So here I am again finding myself doing everything but riding that bike.  Something always comes up when I plan on running.  Ron actually got mad at me last night and told me, "I am going to die [on the trip].  And that I better not say a word when it takes me 12 hours to finish on the first day."  And you know what?  He's probably right too.  (Even though he thinks he is always right)

Why the heck am I doing my worst at preparing for the biggest undertaking of my life????!  Maybe because I feel like 74 days is a loonnggg time away.  I have a hard time looking a month ahead.  But 74 days isn't far at all.   Or maybe I can blame the weather-its not exactly inviting to ride in the rain or icy winds.  Or maybe because I honestly think that I can just do this no problem without too much preperation like most things.  Or maybe I would just rather watch Law and Order sitting on a comfy couch instead of pedaling on a banana seat.  Or maybe its because no one is making me do this- and my will power SUCKS.  It really does.  I am going to quote Ron again because one of his favorite quotes is, "Excuses are just like a**holes- everyone has one." 

Bottom line is- I need to get the ball rolling again- ASAP.  And in the words of everyone who has ever failed at smoking, or keeping up with the new fad diet, or failed at keeping up with a workout regimine or in that fact any regimine: TODAY IS A NEW DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment