Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Starting Line

(Brickler Road- Springfiled, IL)


It's funny that the title of this post is "The Starting Line" considering the starting line to my cross country bike ride is actually in Central Park, New York City, and I won't be leaving until May 22, 2011.  However, I am pretty sure my training and preparation should have started yesterday.  I do not know why I chose today out of all days to start writing in my blog...it could be one of several reasons-

1.  It's the first of the month (kind of like a second chance for new years resolutions- January was only a mulligan.)
2.  Writing in my blog is one other thing that I can be doing instead of running on the dumb treadmill- every sluggish step and side ache relentlessly reminds me that I am nowhere near being in shape to ride a bike across a country.  Not even close.  
3.  And the third and most logical reason to start writing today is that there is exactly 110 days left until our ride.  Holy crap.   I need to get on that treadmill.


So this is my actual starting line.  110 days to go.  110 days to train and prepare for a cross country bike ride.  And I don't even have a bike yet.  So get ready for a wild ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment